The rules below apply to YATSL 2017 and further as well as to advances and drops from the YATSL 2016 Final Groups.
- The leagues will contain 12 players each. The season will last for a year. The league playing system will be Double Round Robin (players meet each other twice), each match contains two games (each player plays one game as either superpower). Therefore, each player will play 4 games with each other player during the season, 2 as USSR and 2 as USA.
- The players from places 1-4 advance to the higher league (does not apply to the League A).
- The players from places 9-12 drop to the lower league (does not apply to the lowest league group).
- If, for any reasons, a league is smaller than 12 players, it’s OK as long as there are at least 9 players. The number of advancing and dropping players will be adjusted accordingly and announced in advance.
- If, for any reasons, a league is smaller than 9 players, I will move some players of my choice upwards to avoid such a situation (this may even lead to decreasing the total number of leagues).
- The new players will be allowed to start from the next season in the lowest league group. However, if any higher league group turns out to be smaller than 12 players when the next season starts, I reserve the right to use all or any of the remaining places as wildcards for new players. The wildcards will be given by me arbitrarily but the main goal will be to give a player a group matching his strength of play best.
- If, due to moving players upwards and/or mass singing up of the new players, the lowest league group contains more than 12 players but no more than 24 players it will be played as a single group with a Single Round Robin system (1 match against each other instead of 2).
- If, due to moving players upwards and/or mass signing up of the new players, the lowest league group contains more than 24 players, it is going to be played similarly to YATSL 2016, i.e.: the Preliminary Phase, then the Final Phase in new groups (for example, if there are 36 players in League D, they will eventually create and play Leagues D, E, and F). Each Phase is going to be a Single Round Robin system played in a group of no more than 12 players. This system works up to 144 players in the lowest league group. I never expect more but if there are some I’m ready to produce new rules to cover this situation.